I used to spend way too much money on protein/power bars, working in a health food store they are always available and screaming “buy me!” when you start to feel a little growl in your stomach. I’ve recently decided that I’m going on a spending diet, well, not really a diet but I more so need to re-balance my spending habits. By doing that I’m starting to discover new recipes and neat strategies! That’s where this wonderful ‘Bliss Ball’ recipe came from.
I have to admit I am not the creator of this recipe! This recipe is straight from Loni Jane. I’m sure you have heard of her and if you haven’t you need to search her! She is a huge inspiration of mine. The way she promotes health and wellness, vegan diet and simple living is beautiful and her children are super cute as well. This recipe is based on her ‘Rawnola’ recipe, instead of using it as a granola I rolled the mixture into balls instead.
This recipe is full of energy supporting sugars and healthy fats, and yes you need both in your diet to be healthy and balanced! The balls take under 15 minutes to prepare, and make an excellent snack for work, school, or whenever!
– 14 medjool dates, pitted
– 1 cup oats
– 1 cup shredded coconut or coconut flakes
– seeds or cacao powder for rolling
1. Combine oats and coconut in blender or food processor, process until a fine meal.
2. Add dates to mixture and process until everything comes together.
3. Then roll mixture into about 20 balls.
4. Roll the balls in seeds or cacao powder.